Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Chilly

Today has me in Green Bay which I was barely able to find a decent hotel room. I found out that the EAA in going on in Oshkosh. Aparently this is a huge event because Green Bay is almost 40 miles away, and yet has just about every decent hotel room in this city taken up. The only time that I know the hotels get like this is Packer home games, and it's too damn hot for that. I guess that growing up in Wisconsin has me trained that cold weather=football. No matter what team you may cheer for, you always have to be in awe of Lambeau Field and the people of Green Bay who have filled Lambeau full since the mid 60's no matter how freakin' cold it gets.

Speaking of frigid, I've been amazed by women that I meet in Wisconsin. Just about all women here fit into three categories. The first group are the puritans. For either religious, "moral", or drilled in fear from society or mommy and daddy, they see sex as nasty, evil, bad, and strictly to be had between married folks to spawn the next generation of zealots to annoy fun loving people everywhere.

The next group doesn't avoid sex, but they truly scare me. For lack of a better term, we'll call them "skanks". These are your Paris Hilton wannabe's. Dumb as a rock, and lover of every passing fad or reality show out there. You can entertain them with shiny objects, and they end up sleeping with just about any guy to show them attention or money. No matter how beautiful they might be, I can't deal with the vapid attitude and stupidity. Bleh.

The final group are just plain nasty. Some are nasty for physical reasons. Don't get me wrong here, I'm not dropping gals into this group because they aren't supermodels. I'm talking your morbidly obese, inability to clean themselves, almost disfigured, or rotting teeth type. Of course, some are nasty because of their personality. Liars, co-dependant leeches, and psycho gals... out of the pool, you don't get to play. Ewww, ewww, ewww.

Did I miss anyone? Object? Is it just here in Wisconsin? I dunno... leave a message.

4 Comments:

At 11:55 PM, Blogger Stefanie said...

I guess that those women are the outcome of strict religious/moral attitudes of the area. A good reason why republicans just shouldn't have the majority vote right now. Yuck and ouch.

 
At 1:13 AM, Blogger Erik said...

Interesting fact:

Wisconsin is a blue state.

Yeah, I'm confused, too.

Among many, many other things.

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Stacie Penney said...

EAA is a huge deal in Oshkosh. The locals with nice houses rent them out for the week and make $1000s of dollars. We thought about it, but didn't have the vacation time. The traffic is terrible for the week and the noise from the planes sucks. I work in an office right off the air field. It's great for imaging what an air attack would be like. Unless you're an air plane junky, I'd advise skipping it.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Erik said...

I did skip it. I tossed my travel plans into the garbage and started planning PR trips out to Madison, LaCrosse, and Eau Claire. I'm trying to take care of all of my company's Wisconsin customers before I spread out to the rest of the midwest region. Unless they start scheduling trainings for me in the near future, that is. I'll go back to Appleton and Oshkosh in a couple weeks once things settle down.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home