Thursday, July 21, 2005

Bad move


This morning has me looking around online and since I needed a good laugh, I was reading the archives at Sinfest. Click the link to the right, and you'll be glad you did. Tatsuya Ishida does a good job of making you laugh, but he can sneak in a great bit of insight here than there as well.

I needed the cheering up since I've had my nose rubbed in all the things I've done wrong in the last 5+ years. I'm sure a few of the people were well meaning. Most of them didn't realize that they were adding to the long list of recent comments. Either way, I'm sitting here with a bruised ego, and feeling introspective. That's what the blog is for, I suppose.

I'm not very good at guessing what people are thinking. Knowing boundaries isn't my thing either. I tend to have spectacular results, tho. I either do or say things perfectly, or I crash and burn for all to see. Needless to say, my social life is filled with a great deal of wreckage. Here are a few highlights:

I dressed up as a priest for halloween one year. Real shirt and collar as well. At the bar I went to, I seemed to have offended everyone with my costume which I realized after I ordered my second drink. The high point of the night was trying to finish my drink while a gal argued with me that my costume was inappropriate.

A previous girlfriend and I went on vacation together. She was bi and we had talked about having a threesome at some time. On the first day of the trip, she saw a cute gal and pointed her out to me. "Do you think she's pretty?" Being the honest guy I am, I agreed. "Would you want to sleep with her?" I missed the icy chill coming into the room. I thought she was fishing to get me aroused, so I said "Yeah, although I think it would be more fun to have her come back to our room so we could share her." She held that grudge the rest of the two week vacation.

I could go on and on with examples. I don't try to piss people off, but I do a damn good job of overstepping good taste and common sense on a semi-regular basis. I'm oblivious to clues and hints as well. A lovely combination, wouldn't you say?

1 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Blogger Stefanie said...

Thanks for the cartoons you sent me. Have a great weekend and try to keep cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home