Monday, May 07, 2007

Chances blown, nothing's free, longing for what used to be.

I finally got my first full night of sleep last night. First time since just after St. Patrick's Day that I did that. Of course, I got a little help last night since yesterday was day 1 of my vacation in Missouri. I feel much better already.

Had an interesting talk with my ex-gf down here about where things stand. It's the first time that I've felt like our breaking up wasn't just my fault. We both had a lot of growing up to do it seems. Even though we were talking about why we weren't together and how we aren't going to end up together again unless something drastic happens, I was feeling good. It finally kinda sunk in that there's always someone who is going to love me. I must have matured well, because she said that if she didn't love the guy she was with now, she would be after me in a heartbeat.

I'm sure that sounds weird to most people, but I can respect that. You don't give your word and break it. She knows that the same goes for me. I enjoy my time with her but if I somehow find someone I love and who loves me back, my Missouri friend will be back to just being friends without benefits.

Until that time, I can hold a beautiful woman in my arms and smile feeling that all is right in my world. I hope I can keep that feeling for a long time. Or at least long enough to last until I can feel it directly again.

Nobody guessed on the song from the other days, so here it is:



Feel Good Inc. from Gorillaz

Anyone want to try today's?

2 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Blogger Erik said...

I remember just about everything. It doesn't matter if I'm drunk or not. If I'm getting drunk by myself, I get depressed. Needless to say, I haven't been drinking much lately.

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger OMW said...

then don't drink by yourself. Join Us!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home