Monday, November 20, 2006

Good/Bad

Not sure if anyone is bothering to check for new posts anymore since I've been quiet. I guess we'll see.

My mom's loser boyfriend is out of her house finally. Bad news is that it took a cardiac event that left him a vegetable. Mom is feeling guilty because this happened just before he was to be out of the house. I don't feel that way, tho. This guy knew he had heart trouble. He knew his heart was out of rhythm days before it happened. He could've made it to the doctor, or gone to the emergency room to fix it. Instead he waited. It's too bad they got to him just in time to save him, but not his brain. I'd rather be dead than be a vegetable.

On the other side of the coin, my friend who works at the same place I do just found out his wife is pregnant. He's still a little blown away by the whole thing. Needless to say, he's been drinking a little heavier as of late. It should be interesting to see him be a dad since he's kinda a big kid to begin with. Reminds me of myself in that respect.

Now I'm wondering where the hell I'm at in this little path called life. I don't know. I'm just going to hide here under the covers. Let life come looking for me since I can't seem to find it.

8 Comments:

At 7:36 PM, Blogger Kris said...

I am sorry to hear about the boyfriend, but your mom shouldn't feel bad. Even if things would of been fine in their relationship, I doubt what happened could of been prevented.

As for your friend, sometimes finding out you are having a baby means that you have to stop being a baby yourself.

 
At 11:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i htink me and you ned to go out and have a few buckets!!!!!!!

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Kris said...

djw- Did Erik tell you..that I am going to be in Chicago in December?

 
At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, this is the first I'm hearing about it.

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Kat said...

Hi erik!
Hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving holiday.
Drank much white wine over the holiday - that
made me think of you!

Take care!
Kat

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Erik said...

Kris- I've never talked to DJW outside of blogland yet, so no, I haven't told him.

DJW- I think I'll join you this week if you'll be there on wednesday. Let me know if you'll be going.

Kat- I think I need a couple bottles of reisling in me one of these days.

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Blonde said...

Sad that the guy is a veggie but karma can be a bitch sometimes. I would rather be dead then a veg too.

Speaking of dead...I would rather you tell me I had a week to live then to find out I was pregnant. I would drink heavily too like that guy.

I miss you, and you never visit my blog anymore :(

 
At 3:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(12-03-06) Sorry I didn't see this sooner, but I wasn't there WEd. I shoot darts on Tuesdays now. Stop in if you'd like.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home