Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Kansas City, Here I come.

I had quite a good time down the Missouri way. Went to the Kansas City Renaissance Festival for the weekend with a good friend and spent an extra day down there just hanging out. Since I'm still very tired (and sore in a few places), here are a few of the parts that stand out in my mind.

-The obvious

-Seeing trees with green leaves and temps in the 70's.

-Great live acts. At least for a Ren Faire.

-Being a smart ass with said acts and getting cheered by the audience and act alike.

-Almost felt like I had a girlfriend for a weekend. Nice little ego boost for me.

-The pub crawl at the end of the Faire and the jokes from it. Example: "What's the difference between light and hard? You can sleep with a light on." Most of the others require a visual.

-Bodices. Some you want to forget you ever saw it. Most you want to unwrap to see more.

-The drive back. Nine and a half hours of solid storms. Grrr.

-Compared to some of the people there, I feel quite normal. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, tho.

Now it's back to real life for me. Work, responsibility, and an empty bed. I wonder why I wish I was back there? *laughs*

1 Comments:

At 7:49 PM, Blogger cosmopolgirl said...

that's funny...i went to the Renn festival this weekend too!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home