Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Fuck everyone

That's what I said. Fuck you. Fuck your ma. Fuck everyone.

People "value" me for my opinion then don't listen to a damn thing I say. People tell me how nice I am and how I'll find the right person which only seems to make them feel better. I've been told how I need to go out more and meet new people.

I'm angry as hell right now. I deserve better than this. I'm a great guy. I treat people like i want to be treated. I help people I care about no matter the consequence to me.

People lie, cheat, steal and worse all the time, and find love again and again. This makes me ill. People should be rewarded for the good they do. Chivalry, honor, and honesty should be praised. These days it's all about the exterior appearance and how many lies they can weave for you. They sure as hell don't want to hear the truth anymore.

Thinking about the truth and what I've been asked lately, here are a few gems of truth that probably aren't being listened to:

- He's a cop. He has 3 girlfriends already including you. Why the fuck do you think he'll dump any of them to just be with you? He also talks about you behind your back and insults you in front of your friends. Please let me know why you bothered to get back with him.

- Settle down, relax, and try not to freak about every little nuance. People are all different. You have to let loose, be yourself and see what happens. If you ask my opinion, you're going to get the truth as I see it.

- No, he's not good for you. Keeping you away from your friends and trying to control your life is NOT a good thing. Chances are that he'll never change his ways for you. Since he's sleeping around and you know it, don't let him stop using condoms. And if you ever say "I wish that Paul was more like you, Erik" again, I will give you my own personal mushroom shaped bruise of disapproval.

The names have been protected because even when I'm angry, I'm not a total ass unlike some people. Does anyone know where I'm coming from and/or have advice? Does any of this make sense? Is anyone even reading this anymore?

Let me know.

6 Comments:

At 2:07 AM, Blogger Kris said...

Well Erik unfortunately sometimes the bitterest thing to digust is the truth. However, if people refuse to listen or take your advice there is not much you can do. And unfortunately people in destructive relationships are going to continue to be in those relationships regardless of how nice or helpful you are.

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger cosmopolgirl said...

Unfortunately you can't change peoples mind aboutg relationships! They have to figure it out for themselves. The best you can do is be there for them and pray that they come to their senses soon!!

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Kat said...

I'm here, and I'm listening (reading). One of my best friends would rather date a mentally abusing prick than ever be alone. I guess I don't understand that sort of reasoning. I hate the weekly calls when she emotionally vomits all over me about what a bastard he is. I wish I could shake her like a maracca sometimes and make her see reason. I would rather be alone for the right reasons than with someone for the wrong ones. I wish she could be that strong too. Hell, if you don't know who you are or what defines you, how can you share a life with someone else when you believe your exist only to be someones significant other? Aaaaaahhhhhhhhh!

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Erik said...

I'd rather have good friends than one destructive relationship. The thing that really gets me is that the people ending up in these horrible relationships, finally see the way, and promptly fall into another one.

It doesn't make sense to me.

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Shug said...

I'm sorry I don't have any advice for you, but I can seriously relate.

 
At 12:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still think we were seperated at birth considering how similar our lives are (relationship wise). That's one reason I stopped writing--you say everything I'm feeling/thinking but you do it so much better.
But like 'they' always say: "Things Have Got To Get Better"
Right?
RIGHT!?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home