Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Yada to tha third

I'm still in a very blah mood. I keep feeling like I've wasted my life. I've been trying to shake the feeling, but it isn't going away.

I was at a block party this weekend and when I got home, all I could think of was how I was just taking up space. I talked with a few people. We said empty pleasantries to each other. Joked about this and that. When we parted ways, I felt like I made no difference in their lives. I was a single serving friend to talk to and then to be discarded.

Maybe I'm not a single serving person, but I do feel discardable. Hell, I feel discarded by most people. I'm friends for a while but after a while I'm not worth the effort and I get tossed to the side. Since I worked in a travelling job, I haven't been much for calling up people or visiting people, but even before then I had the same thing happen. I can't tell you why. Nobody wants to tell me the answer.

Tonight I should've been a bit happier, but I'm not. I was at my local bar drinking with a friend, and these five gals walk in. I was talking to everyone, and since they were next to me at the bar, I chatted them up. Joanne, Jane, and Tracy were all nice gals. Joanne seemed quite interested in me. We went back and forth. She asked a lot of questions about me, particularly about sex, piercings, and such since my tongue is pierced. She even asked me for my number.

I'm going to put a bet out there for anyone to take up. $100 to anyone who wants to bet that I won't hear from Joanne or the other two by my birthday. That's September 5th for those of you not in the know. Honestly, I hope I'm wrong here. I'd look forward to paying up. I doubt I'm wrong, tho.

Yesterday's title was from "40 oz. to Freedom" from Sublime. I drank a lot more than 40 ounces tonight, but I feel neither better nor free. I think you only feel free if you get what you want or better yet, happily laid while or after drinking. You tell me...

8 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Blogger StB said...

very tempting. I like being the optomist.

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger cosmopolgirl said...

Why didn't you get her number? That way you could call her and not be waiting.

Either way, they came into the bar and were talking to you. That counts for alot!!

 
At 12:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank-You. You are the only one of 'my friends' who didn't delete my link during my lastest 'spell'.

 
At 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way---did you hear:
"it's a shame that Mrs. Ramsey didn't live to see her daughter's killer brought to justice".

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Erik said...

StB- I'd even go for a lower amount...

Cosmo- I had a momentary loss of intelligence and didn't ask her number. *shrugs*

Djw- You aren't a reporter, so I'm not going to scream. And I give people a while before I'd delete them. Just in case. Do I get a reward? heh

 
At 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure. Your next bucket is on me.

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Kat said...

You have a pierced tongue?
Hmmmm...interresting....veeeerrrrry interresting
;-)

 
At 1:41 AM, Blogger Erik said...

Yep. Have gotten good reviews on it as well Kat. Nice ta meetcha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home