Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Don't be takin' me lucky charms.

Well, getting lucky might've changed my luck a bit. I had two things happen this week that have me in a better mood. First of all, I got someone interested in the apartment. Perfect timing since I'm helping my sister move out her stuff tomorrow.

The guy passed the credit check and everything. Seems like a decent guy. He's in the police academy right now. I just don't want him to bring his work home with him. Well, unless he works in vice. *laughs*

The other good thing was that I got called for face to face interview with the software company finally. I think the face to face is pretty much a rubber stamp affair since they were already talking salary offers the other day. I'm not going to be travelling to Tampa for the interview, tho. The person is coming to a trade show in Chicago, so I'm going to drive down there next Thursday to meet her for it. I'm trying to decide if I'll need a full suit or not for the interview. Think I should wear a sportsjacket, or just a shirt and tie?

Either way, I'll need new shoes and a haircut. Neither my shoes nor my hair are in bad shape, but I want everything to look perfect just in case. Between moving furniture, shopping, and helping to repair my brother's new house, I think I have a very busy week ahead of me.

5 Comments:

At 10:45 PM, Blogger Hey Jo said...

Congrats on the interview!! I would go with a full suit, if you have one. Rather be overdressed than underdressed.

Also good luck with the new roomie.

It sounds like things are starting to fall into place for you!

 
At 1:34 AM, Blogger cosmopolgirl said...

Glad things are starting to come together for you and yes I agree with Jo. Go with full suit! You never want to be under-dressed!

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Shug said...

I agree with the other 2. The full suit would be better. Good luck on your interview!

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger StB said...

Good to hear things are turning up for you.

Yes, wear the full suit (don't be a dork and wear a vest though). You need to look serious and professional.

Go nail it.

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Erik said...

I wouldn't wear any vest in this heat. I will be going shopping for a suit soon, tho.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home