Thursday, July 06, 2006

Resurfacing

I'm still waiting for a call from the prospective new employer. They had two other people to interview which supposed to happen on Friday, and I was expecting an answer soon afterward. On monday I wasn't too worried. Most people take off on the 3rd, so I wasn't expecting a call then. Yesterday I did expect a call, tho. I waited all day and even left my contact a voicemail message near the end of the day. I'm still waiting to hear back today. No luck so far, tho.

I hate waiting when I don't know how long it will take.

I haven't gotten any nibbles on the ads I posted looking for a new roommate either. It's going to really hurt if I have to take a lower paying job AND have to pay for a 2 bedroom place all by myself. As usual, my plans are going right down the toilet.

No wonder I'm in such a blue mood, eh? I was thinking of doing a little experiment for the hell of it. I was going to stop talking to people. I'd send no email or IM's, and wouldn't call anyone. Then I'd wait to see how long it would take for friends and family to notice. I'm not going to do it, tho. I'm too scared to know the results.

By the way, I appreciate the well wishing and advice I see in the comments. I just wish there was something concrete I could do. I'm good fixing things I can see. I suck when it comes to things I can't. I can tell there are problems there, and even know what many of them are. I just don't know how to fix it. Advice?

Anyway, the only good thing this week has been the fireworks on the 4th. The park across the street from my house hosts a very nice display. When they started shooting them off, I went out my front door and sat on the sun-warmed concrete walk. I had a perfect view of the whole show. I was like a little kid again, sitting almost right under the shells going off with a huge smile on my face. All I needed was some sparklers, and I'd be 5 again.

7 Comments:

At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do Not try that experiment! I tried it and the results just proved several things to me that I had always feared.

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Reenner said...

When you have so much time on your hands....it seems like no-one has time for you. I am currently looking for work, so I know what you are going through. I worked in an office and miss the daily interactions...and just talking to people. That is what you want from your friends. It is a roller coaster ride for sure.

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Kris said...

I am glad fireworks cheered you up babe!

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger cosmopolgirl said...

Like I've said before things are going to look up for you!!!
I'm glad you found something to put a smile on your face! IT'S GOING TO BE OKAY HONEY, IT REALLY WILL

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Shug said...

Aww...keep the faith. I know it's hard because I'm struggling with that right now, but everything will fall into place.

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Blonde said...

I average a week to return personal emails, so please dont do that experiment to me, sweetie. I would be very upset if you thought I intentionally did something to hurt you.

Hope all is well.

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Erik said...

That experiment was for everyone... but I'm not going to do it. I don't think I really want to know.

Off for more fireworks of my ownm hopefully.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home