Thursday, June 22, 2006

Fortune tellers make a killing nowadays, me oh my.

Interview part one went well this morning. In less than 20 minutes, I passed the first stage of screening with flying colors. The guy in charge of recruiting (the interviewer) told me that I should recieve a call from the second half of the screening process either today or tomorrow at the latest.

Then he called later today asking if I had gotten a call yet. I hadn't and he assured me that someone would call me very soon and to call him after I get that call. I think they either are impressed by the mad skillz, or are really desperate for help. Or both.

Anyway, I did learn a few things today in the conversation that put a smile on my face. Main thing was that they said they could do "significantly better" than my previous salary. I'm guessing they can do it because I will get more pay, but no company car. I'm comfortable with that, tho.

The company headquarters is in Tampa as well. I'll probably get to see it in person if I pass the next round of screening. They require a face-to-face interview before hiring, so I'm guessing I'll get a free trip to Tampa out of this at the very least. If they hire me, I'd train down there. Florida in the summertime probably will suck, but I'd be going down there at other times of the year for corporate events according to the interviewer. I'm comfortable with that, too.

We shall see what happens tomorrow.

Knowing the song the lyric in the title gets bonus points. There's hidden meaning there if you figure it out. Comments welcome as always.

5 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Blogger Kris said...

I am glad the interview is going well, and that some good things are coming your way. You certainly deserve that.

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger cosmopolgirl said...

Good luck on the next part...can't wait to hear the outcome...I know it's going to go great!!! kris is right....YOU DESERVE IT!!

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Kris said...

Yup he does.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you sweetie!

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Erik said...

And in the words of Bartles,

"I thank you for your support."

:)

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger Kat said...

Hi Erik,
I too am a member of the recently unemployed and feel your pain. I know what it is like to be a resident of the "Island of Misfit Toys." Good luck in your search. I know you will do well. Keep your chin up. Don't make me sing you the "ant song" about high hopes and rubber tree plants!

Fortune tellers make a killing nowadays
Me oh my!
Howdy Doody's past the house of Aquarious
Bring me more whisky and rye
Big news from the party boat

Them bones, them bones, them dry, dry bones
Come down to the locker of Davy Jones

 

Post a Comment

<< Home