Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I may have just done something incredibly stupid, or amazingly wonderful.

That was my thought earlier today. But let me get to the last week or so first.

I've been incredibly bitter, angry, and depressed. I've looked at the world, watched many people enjoy the things I want, and know that I can't have that right now or probabily ever. I've been acting like a petulant child, because I want those things. I want the beautiful girl that loves me. I want the nice home that I can set up to my own sense of comfort. I want the group of people who looks around and says "Hey, where's Erik?" and calls me up because they miss my presence.

It doesn't seem like that's what is meant to be, tho. I haven't gotten a call, email or even an IM in almost 2 weeks. I've had no luck on a roommate so far, and I don't know a woman in this city who wants to spend an evening with me anymore. I just gotta accept that I'm not getting what I want and enjoy more of the things I have that I do enjoy.

I did go see yet another game at Miller Park last week. We beat Cleveland quite handily on Friday night. I even went to Leon's afterwards for some celebratory custard.

Anyway, I was even more bummed due to a job interview I have coming up on Friday. It is for a pharmacy technician position. I want and need a job, but I feel like I'm wasting my time and talents going back to a pharmacy tech job. I wasn't finding anything better, tho.

Until I looked around today. I saw a job for a travelling software trainer for a healthcare information company. A big name company is looking for someone to train the midwest in their software. As much as I felt alone on the road, it's not like I'm doing better staying at home. So I applied.

They called me within 4 hours of my resume being sent to them to set up a phone interview first thing tomorrow morning.

Oh shit. This could be so very good and so very bad all at the same time. I suppose it's time to do what I seem to do best; Grab a handful of hair and hold on because this might very well be a bumpy ride.

Opinions?

4 Comments:

At 8:45 AM, Blogger StB said...

If it is a good job, take it and get on with your life. Do something positive.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Hey Jo said...

Good luck. Let us know how it goes. The fact that they called you so quick may be a good sign.

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Kris said...

My opinion: GO TRIBE! We all have our bumpy seasons...WE WILL BE BACK...I AM TELLING YOU!

You keep your chin up too! You are a sweetie. I e-mailed you, you just didn't e-mail me back.

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger Erik said...

StB- I'm working on positive. And I'm not going to let a true opportunity slip out of my hands. I'm too smart for that.

Jo- I'm hoping it was a good sign.

Aleta- I don't have much to lose here, so time to plow on ahead.

Kris- Darnit, I thought I replied and was waiting on you. You were the last to talk to me, tho.

DJW- If the job pans out, I might out of the sucky life fight. I still won't be getting any tho, if that'll make you feel better. *laughs*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home