Sunday, May 28, 2006

Drink to the dead while you're still alive, for we shall join them in good time


Here's to my Grandpa. 32nd Infantry Div, 128th company in WWII. He served in the Phillipines, took a bullet to the head (bounced off of his skull) there, and served another 2 years in Japan after he recovered. The Australians called his unit the Bloody Red Arrows, because they were so dangerous. Go Army.

My Dad was named after the guy who was in the foxhole next to my Grandpa for many banzai attacks including the one in which his buddy was killed. These men payed for our freedom in blood. Respect them. Honor them. Cherish them.

Realize how lucky we are to have the freedom we enjoy. Raise a beer to those who can't drink anymore. We owe it to them.

Happy Memorial Day.

5 Comments:

At 7:36 AM, Blogger cosmopolgirl said...

What a wonderful tribute!! Have a wonderful memorial day!!

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Kris said...

Thanks for the tribute Erik..glad to know that I am not the only one raising a beer in toast to them!

HERE IS TO YOUR GRANDPA!

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger StB said...

Well said.

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger WhisKeYGyrL said...

Amen!

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Erik said...

Thanks everyone. I think I raised enough drinks to cover a lot of people who didn't this weekend. And I'm still paying for it. *laughs*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home