Saturday, May 13, 2006

I am a big man, yes I am, and I have a big gun.


This is an older picture of my best friend firing my Glock. The two flashes above the barrel are from the ports that help compensate for the recoil. Since I shoot a .45, there's a lot of recoil. My friend probably couldn't handle my Glock if it wasn't for the compensation since he's got weak arms and hands. I like the extra help bringing myself back on target faster.

On Tuesday, I went out to an outdoor gun range with my friend here. We were sighting in his AR-10 and generally goofing off and having a good time. I had picked up some hollow point ammunition to try out and get used to. I also decided to bring along a watermelon in case the range was completely empty. Ever since I picked up the premium hollow points, I had been curious to see what they would do. If I could figure out how to post video, I would've put the demise of the watermelon up to see. I have to say, I was amazed at what happened. Definately worth the price of admission.

Thursday I went out and met up with StB and Gambino. I love meeting new people, especially very cool people like those two. We BS'ed for a while, ogled H, and even tried to dial-a-shot Blonde, although I wasn't thinking and called it dial-a-drink. I'm not used to thinking and talking on the phone at the same time. Hell, I'm not used to talking on the phone. I haven't called anyone or been called by anyone in over a month. Anyway, I look forward to two weeks from now when they come down to my dive bar. I also remember why I normally don't drink shots on an empty stomach. Even after I ate, it had already taken effect. I got home and while trying to get some more water in me, I got ill. That'll teach me a lesson, right?

Friday I get a call from Mom. She was in Florida and I was supposed to pick her up today. Plans changed, and now the loser that was supposed to be evicted on the 3rd is picking her up. Hopefully she hasn't changed her mind on this again. This guy should've been out of her life 3 years ago or more. Yet she keeps hanging on for some reason that's incomprehensible to myself and my siblings.

Oh well. I'm going to try to get into a happy mood. I have two Brewers games to go to next week on Wednesday and Thursday against the Phillies. Should be an interesting time.

Bonus points for knowing the song.

2 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Blogger J. Gambino said...

This one was much easier than before. NIN!

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Kris said...

So where is the picture of the watermelon exploding babe?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home