Saturday, April 08, 2006

T-Bow FTW, and updates



This is what a 100 mph fastball looks like when trying to be captured on my camera. For those who don't know the Brewers well, this is Derrick Turnbow on the mound. I was there with my family watching T-Bow get his 4th save and the Brewers are still undefeated for the year.

The game itself was fast and not really all that exciting. It was a pitcher's battle with lots of strikeouts and very few men on base. Prince Fielder is having a rough beginning of the season. He had 3 men on base with only one out and proceeded to ground out which turned into a double play. He just can't seem to get going this year. Hopefully he'll get out of his slump soon.

My family and I were going to tailgate the game but 40 degree temperatures and a messy forecast put an end to that. I did marinate and grill some brats to enjoy at my mom's house before we went to the game. It was surreal grilling as we were getting a dusting of snow. Good thing I had a beer in my hand, because I left my jacket inside. If it wasn't for the beer, I might've gotten cold. *laughs*

Last year, I caught a Carlos Lee foul ball and gave it to my mom since she is a bigger baseball fan than I am. When I was over there yesterday, I noticed that she had gotten it signed by Carlos Lee and sealed up in plastic on it's own little trophy stand. It was nice to see my efforts were appreciated.

In other news, the gal downstairs with the abusive boyfriend is back with him. No big surprise there. She did smile when she saw me, which is good since it's the first time I've seen her smile since they moved in. When I asked how she was doing, she said that everything was ok. Not likely, but I can't do much unless she wants to talk about it. Oh well, she knows where I live if she ever gets to that point.

4 Comments:

At 7:08 AM, Blogger cosmopolgirl said...

Very cool picture....and fyi...I'm waiting for the liquor and cookies...I could totally use it =)

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Erik said...

Indy- It's a little hard to be empowered when you realize that she's gotta be the one to make the first step no matter how much I want to help. Not much I can do here, tho.

Cosmo- I have been wanting to take a trip out east again. Not sure where I should go, tho...

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Kris said...

Yah for opening weekend festitives and fun! Indians swept their series against the Twins..so it was happy times in Cleveland. I am glad to hear you had a fun weekend with family, even if it was cold.

And independent girl is right. The best thing you can do is be available to her and let her know that you are there if she needs support, other than that its best not to get involved.

At least she didn't have to beat anybody up in an elevator

 
At 12:48 AM, Blogger Erik said...

Kris- Nobody should have to beat the crap out of anyone, but it's always good to be able to if you have to.

It still would be nice to be able to make things better for nice people, tho.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home