Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Well, you wonder why I always dress in black?

I dunno what it is. I just don't fit in. I'm too smart, too sexual, too willing to feel all that life throws at me, too quiet, too nice, too ugly, too understanding.

I'm just too Erik.

I sat at a table today drinking beer with people who were talking to each other like great friends. And then there was me. When I spoke, I might as well be Quasimodo interrupting their discussion. They were just waiting for their turn to talk and ignoring me. Sometimes they didn't bother waiting and just talked over me. I don't know if anyone else feels like this sometimes or most times like I do. I don't like feeling alone in a crowd. I don't like feeling alone period, but that's not my choice to make.

I wish I could belong sometimes, but that doesn't seem to be the way I'm built. I am a bit jealous of those who can fit in anywhere. I'll just have to deal with being alone...

'Til things are brighter, I'm the man in black.

1 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Blogger Shug said...

I understand this feeling all too well. Just had to accept that I really don't fit in with a crowd so I don't try.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home