Friday, February 24, 2006

Stranger than fiction

I didn't get one digit. I got all of the cute bartender's digits the other night. I'm still a little in shock and wondering if I got the number because I'm just a friend or something else is going on. Either way, it could be fun. I'm going in with no expectations so either way, I'll be in a good mood. The least I can do here is to end up with a friend, and that's not a bad thing at all. I'll give her a call this weekend.

I've been trying to work on feeling better. I've been making it to the gym, going out to meet people, and doing little things to put me in a better mood. I'll be making chocolate chip cookies later as a little reward to myself for doing something rather than sitting on my ass and whining about things. I'm such a sucker for treats sometimes. Actually, I'm such a sucker for a lot of things, but go figure?

I haven't spent as much time as I should've looking for a job, but I have a fairly big cushion. I'm glad I have the time right now to relax. So what if I'm not employed for the moment since it's making me a happier person. I'm sure my dad would freak if he heard this, since he's a nose to the grindstone kind of person. I'm not a workaholic like he is, I just sometimes seem like one when things need to get done. No wonder my dad and I agree to disagree on many things.

Ran out of steam here, so I'm off to the gym. Talk to ya soon...

2 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, Blogger Blonde said...

Did I miss something??? When did you quit your job???

If you have a financial cushion, then take a break if you feel you need one. You have to be mentally alert to start a new job anyway.

I am a workaholic and I took 6 months off 2 years ago, and it was the best thing I ever did for myself EVER.

Good luck with the bartenders,dirty boy ;)

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Erik said...

Yeah, you can say you missed a little. I left my job as of the last day of January. I had put in my letter of resignation a month and a half before that so they didn't try to schedule me past what I had already.

I could probably afford to take off 6 months, but it would chew into my savings a bit much. I'm still hoping of being able to purchase a home in the near future and stop throwing my money away with rent.

I can only hope with the bartenders

 

Post a Comment

<< Home