Friday, February 03, 2006

And I think to myself, What a wonderful world

I'm amazed how much I've abused my body in the past few months. Since I've stopped working, I've been sleeping about 10 hours a day and still feel tired. I've been avoiding doing most things on the computer as well. I've started getting my house back into order. I was shocked when I finally went through all the mail I hadn't opened and threw out the crap yesterday.

I was so happy to cook myself a good meal. I made chicken and wild rice casserole which was delicious. I made much more than I really needed to, but it reheats very well and I'll be enjoying the leftovers for a few days. I missed cooking a lot more than I thought. I'm spending the rest of the week and weekend being pretty domestic. I'm not even planning on going anywhere to watch the Superbowl. I figure that with some good home cooked food and a six-pack or two, I'll be set.

The only bad thing right now is that I have no car. I've dealt with three weaselly salemen lately, and I've left the encounters with each feeling like I need to kill them to clense humanity of it's filth. I'm not too big on salesmen, but car sales seems to be slimier than most. Oh well, next week I'll start looking for a car again.

Maybe I'll win the lottery tonight and can stay in low stress mode the rest of my life. Wonderful thought, eh?

2 Comments:

At 8:39 AM, Blogger cosmopolgirl said...

here's hoping you win the lottery tonight! HaVe my fingers crossed!

 
At 12:30 AM, Blogger Erik said...

I didn't win this time... mebbe next time. I think that the jackpot wasn't won by anyone this time. Time for more tickets. *laughs*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home