Monday, January 02, 2006

Hour 40

Yesterday after I posted, I went back to work and got a lot done. I was all packed and ready to go, except for lugging the laser printer down two flights of stairs to the underground parking and into my trunk. So I went to bed. And laid there. And Laid there. Around 3AM, I realized that I wasn't going to be getting any sleep that night. So, I went to Plan B.

I lugged down the laser printer (my back was oh so happy about that), hopped in the car, and at 3:30AM I started driving to Nebraska. I knew I had 10+ hours to get to Beatrice, NE but I figured that I could drive as far as I could take a nap in a rest stop or something, and then drive the rest of the way. Wisconsin went by fairly quickly since the roads were empty. It was dark, foggy, and rather spooky. Dawn was starting to approach as I was heading into Iowa. That's when the wind started getting nasty.

Other than having to hold on tight to the steering wheel, it wasn't a bad drive. I was past Des Moines when I started running out of power. I pulled in for lunch figuring I could eat and take a quick nap. I ate quick, hopped into the car, and as I was reaching to recline the seat, I got my second wind. I didn't have any Red Bull, Coffee, or other caffeinated soda, but I was wide awake. So I drove again. The second wind kept going and so did I. I made it to Beatrice and was checking into my hotel by 2:30PM.

And my second wind kept going.

I can feel the exhaustion sitting behind me waiting to pounce on me. My eyes are scratchy like you wouldn't believe. I hurt all over, and my brain is soup. But my body is awake and it's not stopping for anything. WTF is going on here?

So, as I type this I'm on hour 40 of being awake. I haven't had anything with caffeine since this morning at 9AM. My body just doesn't know when to give up. It stops listening to me and keeps going on with whatever it wants like this. This mode is how I walked home from a county over when I was stoned off my ass from a bad party back int he day. It's how I blew my knee out engaged in a couple hours of bedroom gymnastics. I don't know how it happens or why. I am just hoping that it knocks it off fucking soon since I have to train early in the morning.

2 Comments:

At 8:21 PM, Blogger cosmopolgirl said...

You really just cannot relax, can you? Maybe you need to invest in relaxation hypnosis tapes or just learn to masterbate more??

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Erik said...

I try to relax, but the current job is going crazy thanks to Medicare Part D. I've was booked out over 2 months in advance at one time. I can't wait to get home and veg out.

And more masturbation would be almost impossible without some severe chafing, and we wouldn't want that, would we? I'd hate to act like a child and ask the gals here to kiss my boo-boo. *laughs*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home