Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Therapy?

Today I went to get my back looked at. My doctor had prescribed physical therapy for it which I thought was a little excessive, but I'm not going to turn down a gift horse when I knew my back was messed up a bit anyway. Well, my back is a lot more messed up than I thought. Since I haven't been trying to anything physical, I never noticed all the things and positions that hurt. As soon as I lift my arms above above 90 degrees, my back kills me among many other things. They started me with stretches that should loosen me up enough to be able to work on me better on Friday.

After that, I headed to group therapy AKA the local bar I go to. Lots of laughs tonight. I just back from 6 hours there, so my blogging might not make as much sense as usual (which probably isn't too much). I had the usual bouts of laughs with a few friends and lust for one of the bartenders there and a couple other women. Miller was sponsoring a raffle there, so I put my name in the hat. I won a couple of so-so tickets for a Milwaukee Admirals hockey game in the future. I have no clue when to go, and nobody to go with. Anyone want to see an Admirals game?

I was swamped this morning since I got back late last night and slept in this morning. I still am not sleeping well due to my back, I think. I took all the sleep I could get this morning, tho. I'm glad I did since my day ended up being very busy due to a few customers of mine.

One last note: My friend and I have a tradition that when we get together to hang at the bar, one of us chooses a shot, and the other pays for a shot for each of us. This week was my friend's turn to choose, and he has a thing for cinnamon, so he ordered two shots of hot damn. The cute bartender looked around for the bottle in the wrong place, and when she finally went to the right place to get it, she came back and said, "Sorry, I was looking for Hot Sex." After seeing the look that I got and figuring out what I was about to say, she instantly said "I don't like the tone of your face, Erik" with a laugh. I had to laugh at that. Hope you did as well.

7 Comments:

At 12:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I don't like the tone of your face" CLASSIC. Can I ask what Bar this was at?

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger StB said...

Funny, I just made that same face.

Group therapy is the cure for many of one's ills.

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Erik said...

The bar was Just Art's on 181 S. 2nd Street. The owner Art is a Character to say the very least and there's all sorts of interesting people who go there. Fridays are good to go for the fish fry, and Wednesday has free pizza from 7-11. It's a dive bar, so don't overdress, and it's a cop bar, too, so watch what you say until you know the people. Shake some dice with Art and have a blast.

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Blonde said...

I too am looking for Hot Sex.

Hope that you feel better soon. Treat yourself to some pro massages. I get a massage once a week and it eleviates any stress and pain

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger cosmopolgirl said...

You really need to take a break and relax! Hope you get such much needed R&R soon!

 
At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

'overdressing' is Never something I have to worry about.

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger Erik said...

I'm hoping for Hot Sex just after new years, but there's no guarantee there. Massages would be nice, but not sure I'll have time. R&R would be nice, but not too likely before February.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home