Monday, December 12, 2005

The end is near...

...At least the end of my employment with the company I currently work for. They finally went and fucked up my job in a way that screws me over. I'm sure it wasn't intentional, but what's done is done. I'm in the process of sending in a resignation that will put my last day of employment with them as January 31.

I don't have another job to go to yet, but I have to move on anyway. They are switching me to an hourly pay rate as of January 1, but they are also making it impossible for me to work from home and get the 40 hours a week I need to achieve the same pay as I get now. They are also adding responsibilities with no increase of pay. I was already scheduled for the month of January, so I decided to use that as a good stopping point. Working into January means that they'll have to pay me the vacation days I get in January. I'll have a full month of extra pay when I leave then. I'm not complaining.

Now all I have to is survive the next month and a half. I'm even getting a chance to visit the ex-girlfriend in Missouri thanks to something I have to take care of before I leave the company. Once again, I'm not complaining. It'll give me one thing to look forward to in the new year.

I suppose I have more to look forward to in the future but I'm exhausted, sore as hell, lonely as can be, and grumpy as hell because of it all. And I'm in Nebraska. Surprisingly, I can't sleep. More on this tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Blogger Hey Jo said...

Sorry to hear that you are in Nebraska.....

Hope the job search goes well. Since you are in the Milwaukee area, take a look out at http://milwaukeejobs.com/ My friend used them and really liked the site.

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger WhisKeYGyrL said...

I must agree work sucks!! Always over worked and under paid... Good luck with that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home