Thursday, December 01, 2005

Welcome to Fargo, eh

I really gotta get away from Fargo. Everytime I've passed through here, the weather gets awful (thunderstorms this summer, blizzards right now) and I have problems with hotels and food. But let's start at the beginning here.

First of all, I got very little sleep Monday night. I was stressed out to say the very least. I woke up at 6AM to start calling tow companies to get my car. I finally got a person on the phone between 6:45 and 7. She told me that they should be able to get me out by 9. Since this was too late to start my training on time in Grand Forks, I moved it until the Wednesday. Glad I did, too.

I didn't get my car until nearly noon. I immediately hit a Taco Bell nearby for lunch because I was starving. Never had a quesadia(sp?) and burrito tasted so good. I grabbed food from the drive thru, and I started driving to Grand Forks as soon as I got it. It's normally a one hour drive. Took me two and a half since my car's steering was fucked at anything above 55, and some parts of the highway still had ice all over it. By the time I got there, my back was screaming bloody murder. I did have a puzzling encounter on my way in, but I'll save that for tomorrow. The rest of the day was a waste. I just ordered pizza and watched TV while laying in bed. I barely could move.

I almost didn't make my post yesterday because of how I was feeling. I made a promise, tho... and I do the best I can to follow through. I was very glad I did, however. I was in a black mood, and was expecting the worst. Since there was so much venom and bitterness in the post on Monday night, I thought I'd see the big goose egg in the comment line. It put a smile on my face, and that hadn't happened all day. So you guys who posted, I owe you some drinks to say the very least. Place yer requests at any time.

I woke up today still messed up and in pain but like I always do, I got-r-done. After training, I drove to a mechanic to fix the front end of my car. It needed realignment, and took from 5:30 or so until nearly 8. The only thing to do was to sit my ass in the mandatory chairs of discomfort and enjoy the DVD of old 80's sitcoms that they were playing. Finally I got back on the road with fixed steering.

As soon as I got 15 miles from Fargo, the weather goes to shit again. Fucking blizzards. This time I am hurting, tired, and have learned my lesson not to push my luck around Fargo so I get off the highway. The first two choices of hotels are full up, tho. Luckily, my last choice before I gave up had one last room. Otherwise I would've had to drive half way to St. Cloud (my original destination tonight) in before I gave up tonight.

I grabbed some McDonalds tonight, since I am just too beat up to bother with real food. I usually order without onions because I'm not big on the taste of onions. I did that tonight, and when I got to my hotel room, I find extra onions on the burger. My fries were already cold too. I don't even have the energy to get upset anymore. I just shrug and say, "Oh well, that's Fargo for ya..."

I can't wait to get out of here in the morning. I might even wake up early to do it. Otherwise, I'll be up very late. We shall see what I end up doing when I make up my mind..... both options sound good right now.

Anyway, take care, thanks for reading, and when I get home, Drinks are on me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home