Tuesday, November 22, 2005

A taste of things to come

This is part of the reason I was thinking about Christmas. I had to drive through northern Wisconsin during the first snowstorm of the year for a business trip. For the most part, it was a good drive despite the weather. This is the view from my Dad's lake home's driveway as of last week. It still looks like this more or less right now as well. Here in Milwaukee it's just warm enough for things to still look like fall for now. Pretty good for the last full week of November.

I am bracing myself for the next few months. I might need to head out to someplace warm on vacation once I have time. On the other hand, I have people that I would like to visit when my schedule slows down again. I'll have over a full month of vacation saved up at the beginning of 2006, so I'll have the time. I just need to be free. I'm already scheduled out now until the last week January. Isn't that just sickening? I need a fucking break, among many other things.

Finally, the Monday night game just finished up. A bitter end for my Packers. The only good thing is that the field in my football pool just opened up since most people bet heavily on the Packers. Being a long time Packer fan, I knew better. My gut said that it's iffy all the way and I bet accordingly. I take my consolation where I can find it, tho.

I need a beer.

1 Comments:

At 6:22 PM, Blogger Erik said...

True, but with the changes coming in my field thanks to Medicare Part D, I don't want to leave them hanging. That's why I've been so insanely busy lately. Once I take care of those people, I'll be able to relax without feeling guilty that I'm leaving my customers without the help they need.

I try to put myself in other people's shoes, and I know I wouldn't want to be in that situation without help. So I'm not really a masochist here, but I do have a bit of a martyr thing going on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home