Monday, November 07, 2005

Life on the download

I have a bit of time while my files download, so here's what I've been up to the last few days.

I'm trying not to jump the gun here, but I'm starting to see light at the end of the tunnel here. I just hope it's not the headlights of a train. Speaking of trainwrecks, I think I saw the ex-gf while running to the store the other day. She looked a little frazzled with her kid in tow and probably 50 pounds heavier. Normally I have good relations with my ex's, but this particular one owes me $4000 and knows it. I'm never going to see that money now that she's married to a real winner and has a kid. Oh well...

Saturday I played airsoft with my team. Since we play mil-sim (military simulation) we loaded up for a full day in the field. The cheap fiction of the game was that a US pilot went down in North Korea and needed extraction. By virtue of a coin flip, I was North Korean. During the day I made two kills, so it was a fairly good day. The guy in charge of our team has the best deadpan voice I know of. When the radio went off asking to speak to the commander, this guy answered, "Commanding Officer Major Phat Ho here, awaiting orders." After 10 seconds or so, he repeated himself. The game judge finally replied, "You'll get your orders when I stop laughing." I know half of Alpha team was in the same shape. Only bad thing was that it started pouring as soon as the called the game as over. This would've been fine if we had been near our cars then. Unfortunately, we were on the south end of the 65 acres we had been playing on and our cars were on the north side. At least I had been smart enough to pack clothes to change into once I got back to the car.

I was and still am physically sore from 6 hours in the field. My knees are bruised from taking cover and doing low crawls under fire. It was nice to tire myself out physically like that, tho. I actually slept a full 8 hours Saturday night, which I probably haven't done in 3 weeks. Last night I wasn't so lucky. Back to 4 hours of sleep.

Despite not going to the gym for the last month, I was in surprisingly good shape. I even was able to fit in my medium waist BDU pants comfortably instead of the large that I had been using. I know I'm getting near buying a totally new set of jeans since the ones with a 34 waist are getting damn loose. I keep feeling like I have to pull up my pants. Not that I'm complaining.

Anyway, the download is just about over so I better finish up a thing or two and get back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home