Friday, November 04, 2005

Wood, working, and action

I saw this driving out of Chicago last night and just had to share.

In more than one way, I'm like the Energizer bunny. I just keep going, and going, and going...

I surprise myself because of what I manage to be able to do despite being exhausted, and how well I manage to do it. Despite huge obstacles from the customer I was training, I got everything covered that I could with the problems he had. Once again, I'm taking care of an emergency simply because the guy in charge of this place is inept and hasn't gotten his job done.

When you think of all the necessary tools in a pharmacy, the top ones on the list are drugs, computers, printers, and labels. The guy had one computer and his own personal laptop. That's all. I know his pharmacy wasn't open yet, but if you are paying someone to come in and train you on how to use the computer to run a place, you'd want to have all of the equipment. Not this guy.

The guy was always late, too. I don't mind people being 5 minutes late, but this guy had me waiting 30-45 mins. If I am going to work 14-16 hour days and only get 4-6 hours of sleep a night for most of a week to get you up and running, you damn well better not waste my time. Oh well, I did all I could for him and if he complains I took the time (because I had it while I waited) to take pictures that show an empty pharmacy and a clock you can see the hands of. I am hoping he does complain because I'd like to see his face when the regional manager emails him my pictures. I get a little vicious when people fuck with my sleep. Although if they're fucking up my sleep to fuck, that's a whole different story.

Anyway, I'm heading into the woods to play some mil-sim tomorrow and hopefully I'll get a couple pictures from that. If I'm not too tired afterwards, I may put up an after action report here. Who knows? I must be in an innuendo mood since I was thinking of other kinda of action to report about, too. I'm sure I'm rambling today, so don't mind me... Take care

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home