Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Erik the Grouch

I'm a grouchy fucker today. If you had been working with me, you probably wouldn't have noticed it. I had to deal with a few stubborn and ignorant people today. One thought he knew everything and when I explained to him how what he wanted wasn't possible, he ignored reality and substituted his own. I kept a smile on my face as I spent another half hour explaining it over and over until he finally got it.

Right after that guy, I had to deal with the owner. She was looking for ammunition in her quest to screw over the trainer that had been here previously and my boss who had disagreed with the owner of the place. I almost had to staple my smile into place at this point, but I managed and found a way to not piss off the owner of this place without hurting the people I work for and with. I think the line that broke her search was when I said, "I have no clue who is to blame here but it really doesn't matter. I'm here to fix your system and that's what I'm going to do."

With all the other petty crap going on in the pharmacy, I managed to keep positive and happy on the outside so the people would relax and learn what they needed to in the first place. All of that frustration settled in my back, tho. My back is so stiff that I'm actually in pain right now, which really doesn't improve my mood any. I got out of that place late, spent from 6pm until a little while ago working on paperwork, and I think I'm going to just forget about dinner since it's 11pm as I write this. I'm hoping I can get all I need to done tomorrow so I might have a chance to look for a little fun despite the fact that I'm in Wichita. The town isn't a bad one... just dull from what I've seen. I certainly wouldn't mind being proven wrong here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home