Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Quick thoughts from Chicago

I'm getting ready to go eat, but I thought I'd share a few thoughts before I go.

My sister didn't win anything last night, but we had fun. They opened the VIP areas on a first come first served basis. We got to chill out in luxury since we arrived a little earlier than most. We even had our own waitress, which was nice because the place ended up being packed with all the extra people who showed up for the contest. A few good looking gals were there, but I bet most of the had fake ID's or had just turned 21. I felt a little old, but didn't let it bug me much. The radio people took our pictures, so I'll be checking the website to see if they post it.

On those now infamous cheerleaders, I've heard a lot of dumb jokes about it on tv and the radio, and not one real good joke. After I heard more than just that they were having sex in the bathroom. I came up with one that's better than what the professionals have come up with, I think. Let me know if you agree: Two Carolina Panthers cheerleaders were arrested after a bar fight. Allegedly the brawl was caused after the two prevented other patrons from using the bathroom while they indulged in a lesbian tryst. After the melee, one patron was overheard saying, "The blonde gal was impressive. She took a helluva lickin' before she went down."

It sounded damn funny in my head.

Final thought: I was listening to some Mindless Self Indulgence on my drive to Chicago. The album doesn't have a lyric sheet, but I think I figured out a set of lyrics that described me at that moment quite well.

I am educated
Extra caffinated
I just masturbated
Now I'm motivated

MSI is a very high speed band, so it's hard to tell. If you like rock/punk/techno, you may like them. The album I was listening to was called "You'll rebel to anything... as long as it isn't challenging". Not their best album, but it has some good lines in it. My favorite is this little couplet- "You're telling me that fifty million screaming fans are never wrong. I'm telling you that fifty million screaming fans are fucking morons." I'm showing my disdain of popular culture, tho. I better get some food in me so I can relax the rest of the evening. Take care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home