Friday, November 18, 2005

Great lines

I love music and I love sexual innuendo. Put the two together, and I'm having a good day. I was listening to the radio up here and the best station was a classic rock station. There are so many good lines from that style of music. Here's a few of my favorites from this morning:

She don't eat meat, but she sure like the bone. --Deadeye Dick

She told me to come, but I was already there. --AC/DC

The bitch is hungry
She needs to tell
So give her inches
And feed her well. -- Scorpions

Those are just the ones I remember from the hour drive in to the place I was training today. Have any lines that amuse you along the same lines? Let me know.

Otherwise, I got to fix up a place that spent 2 years doing something wrong. When I showed them what they had been doing wrong, the person I was training got a look of "Holy shit we're fucked" on her face. Luckily there was a way to look up the records that a previous employee had deleted by her screwed up procedures. When I told the manager of the problem, she nearly fell over. I left there looking like a god, tho.

Over lunch, I got asked about my personal life. Normally I try to brush off most personal questions in a work environment, but I had loaded up on coffee and the gal was one of those generally nice people. I babbled for a half hour about my life, the good, bad, and some of the ugly. I tried to stop myself half a dozen times, and everytime I did, she asked some questions to keep me going. I normally love this kind of conversation, but it felt odd since I was work mode. Luckily, lunch came to an end before I made a fool of myself too badly.

It was wonderfully relaxing, tho. I haven't had a conversation with a real human being in the longest time. I've trained people. Put my thoughts out here and in emails. Said hi to people in passing. I couldn't tell you when I last heard a concerned voice and looked at someone who had empathy in their eyes for me, tho. Don't think I'm discounting those of you who come here, but seeing or hearing a real person has a much more personal connection than text on a screen. I still could've used a hug, tho. It would've been a little inappropriate today because not only was it a work event, but the gal was married. I certainly appreciate what I got, probably more than she'll ever know.

2 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, Blogger StB said...

I swear at the end of Quiet Riot's Cum on Feel the Noiz, they are singing "Girls fuck the boys".

Same kind of thing with Great White. In Rock Me, they sing Rock me, rock me, fuck me now. At least that is how they did it live back in 87.

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Erik said...

I like the more subtle lines for some reason. The one they can play and not have to beep out, yet everyone knows it's dirty as hell. Fun fun fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home