Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Show your Thanks

Freedom is the most overlooked value in America. Most people have forgotten that freedom is not free. Many brave people have died to defend it. Unfortunately, many more will die in it's defense because we don't live in a perfect world.

Try to think of all of the things freedom provides you. You can buy what you want, where you want. You can live how you want to and where you want to. You can raise your kids the way you want to. You can read what you want. You can say what you want. I think that last is the most important one. I love my country because I have the right to hate it.

The people who are willing to put their lives on the line for this freedom, deserve our thanks at the very least. Rather than supporting our troops by buying a crappy magnetic ribbon for your SUV which only gives a few pennies to military charities, give them something to really support them. The USO has a great way of showing the troops that the people back home really care. You can read more about how to donate and give the troops something they really need here. I have one squad covered, but there are many, many more out there. Think of them as you enjoy your turkey, stuffing, and wine, then donate.

2 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, Blogger cosmopolgirl said...

That's sweet! It's always good to remind people to think of others as they sit around stuffing themselves!

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger StB said...

Thanks for the reminder. I have my letter from the USO sitting on my desk here. Time to fill it out and send it in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home