Sunday, December 11, 2005

Exciting Iowa nightlife

This picture is from my most recent business trip. Let me explain.

Hotel stay at a place that lost it's cable TV for one night, $79 a night.

Wireless internet router that broke 20 minutes after my arrival at the hotel I stayed at, $200.

Cellular phone that was used as a paperweight since I couldn't get a signal, $60 a month.

Erik's trip? Just FUCKING priceless.

The picture is of me sitting in bed after taking a shower and not having one damn thing to do. The TV is all static and the Computer is searching for a wireless network to attach to. The worst part about it is that I was so grumpy by the time the TV came back on that it took me until 2AM to get to sleep. This is also why I haven't posted anything in the past few days.

I'm also enjoying a new trend that is happenning every time I drive for more than 20 minutes at a time. As soon as I start to drive, it starts fucking snowing for the whole drive. I'm ok with a little snow on a drive. The problem comes when other people are on the road. If there are any patches of white on an interstate highway, the idiots slow down to 40mph when we should be doing 65mph speed limit. My drive back from Iowa should've taken 4 hours last night. It took 6 and a half hours. My back was killing my so badly after training and the drive that instead of posting this last night like I wanted, I just tried to go to sleep.

Hope you guys are having much more fun than I. I'm rushing to get shit done for the rest of today since I leave for southeastern Nebraska tomorrow morning. I'm crying on the inside right now.

2 Comments:

At 9:35 PM, Blogger WhisKeYGyrL said...

That is priceless!! However, my butt would have been either A: sitting on a bar stool in the hotel bar...Or B: finding the local liquor store...

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Erik said...

There was no hotel bar, my back couldn't take a barstool that night, and I was comfy after my shower. Besides, it's not fun to drink by myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home