Sunday, December 18, 2005

Comedy, Tragedy, and more

I've been telling a few friends about what's been going on in my life and in the process, I've learned that there is a fine line between comedy and tragedy. It all comes down to one thing. Tragedy is when horrible, painful, or crazy things happen in your life. Comedy is when the same thing happens to someone else. It's a sick world, and I'm a happy guy.

I'm writing this up as I'm preparing for leaving first thing in the morning tomorrow. I'm going back to Iowa, which explains the beer in my hand. Somehow I can't justify doing shots by myself, but a few beers on days with football games is ok in my mind. Probably a good thing, as I wouldn't be nearly the fun person I am if I was killing my brain all the time. I'm grumpy enough as is. *laughs*

Yesterday, I turned off my phone, played games, watched TV and avoided all of humanity. Even though I was rested up for the most part, I still wasn't ready to deal with people. I really need to go Christmas shopping, but I think my best hope is to try to go during the day on Wednesday and Thursday. Now I just have to come up with gift ideas. I'm so fucked.

At least this trip has me in Des Moines, rather than a remote and impossible to reach place. I also am just there until Tuesday night. Normally, I'd stay the night rather than drive back through the night, but I have a very strong desire to get back around home these days. Disaster seems to find me everywhere but home.

Most people want to take some time off to go other places, and here I am wishing I could just be home for a few weeks. Of course, with my luck and from what I've seen so far, I might just get to do that afterI leave my company. It's not easy when you have the brains and skills, but no formal degrees to back it up when you look for a new career. I almost know enough to be a pharmacist, but can't get into pharmacy school thanks to the current realities. I guess this is why I feel stuck. I can't get the degree I want, the position I want, the life I want. I'm being held back by the mistakes I've made and I can't seem to get ahead of them at all. Oh well, at least my tales can make people laugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home