Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Hindsight is always 20/20, but looking back it's still a bit fuzzy

My weekend was not fun at all. I couldn't sleep for most of it and when I did, it was a little catnap here and there that lasted until another wave o' pain struck. I am wondering how my immune system is holding up right now. With my mood and the stress, I'm surprised that I haven't crashed and burned yet.

I did have a very weird experience last night, tho. I had been up for almost 40 hours at that point since I had gotten my tooth fixed that day and other things had been going on. Days are all blurring together from the last half a week to a week anyway. I was sitting down trying to read a screen to set up my last hotel stays for this and next week. While looking at the monitor, it all started to blur, then weave. After that, things started all going into slow motion for a time, than would swing back to real time. Lots of other weird things started happenning as well which was freaking me out. Good thing that the rational part of my brain kicked in and let me know I was probably hallucinating from the lack of sleep. I've never had that happen before, and all I can say is that if I was hallucinating, I'm damn sure not going to take acid. I can say that not being able to tell what's real and not real is very freaky.

Anyway, I'm alternating between two moods lately. I swing from horny as hell, to very bummed out. Neither is condusive to any work, which is stressing me out firther. Every time I've took a peek at my options, they don't look good. I've been handed a 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10 of many kinds of suits, and I'm forced to play this one out. Anyway, I better get some sleep. Tomorrow I drive back to Des Moines yet again.

3 Comments:

At 2:20 PM, Blogger cosmopolgirl said...

at least the rational part of your brain was still working and able to keep some of your sanity together. It'll be better after this job is over. You'll be able to rest and relax.

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Hey Jo said...

Hey Erik, you ok over there?? It has been awhile since your last post. Getting worried about ya.

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger Erik said...

Thanks for the concern. Not really ok here, but I'm still kicking somehow. I'm about to break down on all sorts of levels, tho. My last day is tomorrow (well, today since it is quarter after 1 already). I need beer. I need sex. I need sleep. I need to get a high powered rifle to hunt down all those fucking car salesmen that have made my weekend a living hell. Hopefully I'll have time for stories later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home