Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Mr. Brown Shoes

I'm jealous. My sister is in Ireland right now having a wonderful time. She's there for another week before she has to come back. I still have not made it off the North American continent yet. Grumbles.

I want to see the world, but I want to get myself set up first. A good job, nice house, and all that. I got a late start in trying to reach those goals. I screwed up my first time in college, and then drifted around the country. The whole time I worked dead-end jobs. I could've accepted that and ended up in charge of any of them, but I was desperately unhappy with mind-numbing tasks. Maybe that's why my job search is so depressing. I have the knowledge and ability to do so much, but no degree or official expertise to back it up. More grumbles. Oh well...

The only good thing is that I have the house to myself. I missed being able to wake up, wrap up in a blanket, and lounge around the house wearing nothing else. I've been going to the gym and occaisionally to hang out with friends. Sometimes at a bar, sometimes not. Other than that, I've been distracting myself with books and games. I've even been avoiding blogging because when I blog, I put down what I'm thinking, which makes me about it more. I really don't want to be analyzing myself right now since I'm not happy with what I see.

An old Tonight Show guest put it best, I think. "Have you ever felt the world was a tuxedo, and you were a pair of brown shoes?" That's me. Mr. Brown Shoes. I can't find my niche to save my life. That's certainly an apt phrase, too.

Anyway, off to distract myself before I start feeling too down again...

2 Comments:

At 9:20 PM, Blogger cosmopolgirl said...

maybe being a pair of brown shoes in your niche in life. I mean where would the world be without brown shoes? I'll tell you, people would be walking around in tan pants with black shoes in the summer (yuck!!!)

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Erik said...

*chuckles* Well, I certainly have a place in the world, I just can't seem to find where it is. I don't seem to fit in where most people do. Work, college, friends... I seem to be the odd man out in all of them, and I'm not sure why.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home