Sunday, April 02, 2006

Nice guys finish last


I'm stuck in the friend zone again and life sucks. I was at my bar and talking with the cute bartender. She was talking about some cardio striptease program she was doing, so I had to say that I'd sure like to see that. Very seriously she says, "Sorry Erik, you're not on the list of guys that I want to see me naked."

That means that I'm more than just a friend, I'm "The Friend". "The Friend" is the guy that girls feel so comfortable with that they can talk to about anything. They know that they can go out with us, get drunk, and we'll make sure they get home unmolested. They can get an honest male perspective without bugging the neanderthals that they usually date. Worse yet, they like to say how they wish their boyfriend would be more like us. Basically, we are the ideal man, just not attractive enough to fuck.

Fuck.

I have until Wednesday to get it off my mind, tho. That's when I'll be back at my bar, so hopefully I can get that chip on my shoulder before arriving. I have a fairly busy week this week. Tomorrow, I'm doing a full cleaning of my house. Tuesday, I'll be meeting a group of people at a different bar. Wednesday is the usual gathering at my bar. Thursday is a night of goofing off with the boys. Friday is the Brewer game. We'll be tailgating it, so hopefully the weather will cooperate.

It feels way too early to be April. I've now been off work for 2 months, and I still don't feel like searching for a job seriously yet. I have the money to keep relaxing, and that's what I've been doing. To be honest, about the only thing that's interesting me lately is the hopes of getting laid. I need a few friends with benefits, a home of my own, and a winning lotery ticket.

I think my best chance of getting one of those three is the lottery ticket with how my luck has been going.

4 Comments:

At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It just amazes me that I can read your blog and think "DAMN! I could have written That. I KNOW exactly what you are 'talking' about.

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Erik said...

I think recovery beers will be needed here, don't you?

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Kris said...

I hate to tell you nice girls finish last too...If I hear one more comment about "but you are really nice girl" I am going to kill someone will bat.

I like your honesty though. =)

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Erik said...

I'm always honest. 'Tis a blessing and a curse. Nice to see a new person 'round these parts. Try not to break out the bat too often, tho. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home