Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Road to Recovery, and the Amazing Racist

I haven't been good for anything the past few days. I'm feeling very sluggish and sore thanks to a nasty fever, and I'm not looking forward to my next trip to the gym since I haven't been there in almost a week. I'm glad to be able to do things that didn't involve me and a couch, tho. I was playing on the Playstation while I was couch-ridden, but my attention span was as long as a housefly's. My sleep cycle is all messed up, too. I wasn't tired last night until 4:30AM and I know it's going to be a pain to get back to sleeping my normal hours. I was well enough to wash my blankets today and hang them outside to dry. My bedroom smells so nice now. Hopefully I will sleep very well tonight.

Here in Milwaukee, there's been a story that's all over the news. Two kids disappeared last Sunday, and nothing has been heard of since. I feel bad that they are gone, and worse for knowing that since they've been gone for over a week now, there is little hope that they're still alive. I don't know of anyone has heard of this story outside of Milwaukee because the kids (Purvis and Quadravion) are black. The family seems to be total hood rats, which makes me think that the national news programs are probably ignoring this story.

One of the byproducts of this story (which is on ALL the time since it broke) is that the black community's rabble rousers are out in full force. Alderman McGee has topped the stupidity scale over all the others, tho. He went on camera suggesting that they should create a law that adds 10 years on to the sentence of anyone who is convicted of killing someone who is black. First of all, what happened to all men are created equal? Second, are you that fucking STUPID? I can understand adding years to a sentence for a hate crime, but this is complete bullshit. I know that his suggestion will be laughed at if he ever proposes it. What scares me is that I'm sure a fair amount of people in his district will agree with him and will say that the Man is keeping them down by not passing this legislation. Those poor racist bastards...

I'm hoping to make it to the bar tomorrow. I really need a beer. And a lovely gal on my lap. At least I can count on the beer...

4 Comments:

At 8:59 PM, Blogger Hey Jo said...

McGee is an idiot. He just likes stirring things up and then running away.

This story has gotten some airplay on the national news last week. Not much since. I feel bad for the families of the missing kids. This cannot be an easy time. I think someone knows something but isn't talking. It cannot be easy for two boys to just disappear.

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger WhisKeYGyrL said...

Hell I had the SWAT team in my backyard and on my garage roof monday night... Got one little bleep of news time on 12 tues morning... (read my blog for the full details... I didnt do it) =) Yes I feel bad for the two kids and their families... hope nothing has happened to them but chances are not looking good....

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger WhisKeYGyrL said...

Hope you get better soon... There are some nasty colds and flus going around now... The hospital has been crazy the past two weeks....

 
At 3:54 AM, Blogger Erik said...

Luke's always is, whiskey...

McGee's dad was just as bad with his black militia back in the 80's, Jo.

I had something to post tonight, but I better wait until I sober up... Keeping ya in suspense until tomorrow.

--- Erik

 

Post a Comment

<< Home