Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The long goodnight, and the morning after


This is a pic I took a while ago while I was working. It was in a pharmacy for a mental institution. I know it was probably used for medicinal use, but the sign was too funny to pass up.

I'm planning on doing something silly tonight. I'm heading to a bar with a group of people and I'm planning on not drinking. I'm not really doing this on a whim. I have my reasons.

First of all, Anger + Frustration + Depression + Alcohol = BAD. I've been holding back quite a bit lately. I really don't want to end up going off on someone because I'm inebriated and venting. I'd rather make it a fun evening.

Also, my sleeping pattern is all messed up and I think I know how to fix it. Thanks to getting sick and then Daylight Savings Time, I get to sleep around 4 or 5 in the morning and wake up around noon. This doesn't help my mood one bit. Since I can't seem to sleep any earlier, I'm going to stay up all night. I figure start pouring in the caffeine at the bar, and keep it going until tomorrow night.

By being up all night, I'll be fairly braindead when I get to my bar on Wednesday. I'm not sure if that'll be a good thing, tho. I'll either listen, not talk much, and leave early because I'm tired, or I'll blather on about something that will get me into trouble with the cute bartender. I suppose it really doesn't matter much either way. I'm probably out of the picture one way or another anyhow.

Here's something I was pondering the other day. I think I feel more alone than most people. I've said before how I don't get vibes off of people, and never really know how people feel about me. I judge how people feel about me by their actions since I've had a lot of liars school me in why I shouldn't trust what people say. I still tend to trust what people say but if it involves me I take it with a huge grain of salt until their actions show through. I try to look for little things like people calling me up just to talk or to hang out together. I look for people who go out of their way for me. I still think of sex as the best way to connect with people. I know that people can just want to fuck and not love someone. Hell, I've fucked many people I didn't love. I've only fucked gals that I'd consider to be a friend, tho. I have to care about someone before I'll let them in.

Like usual, I don't know if this makes sense. I probably sound like a whiny little wuss, or a wannabe romantic, or something like that. Not a fun or smart thing to talk about either, I'm sure. Thanks for letting indulge my introvert side, tho. As always, let me know what you think.

3 Comments:

At 8:52 PM, Blogger Blonde said...

Take a step back and take in what is good in your life. I always look for the good in things and that is what keeps me from commiting random acts of murder. Give it a try.

THat pic cracks me up

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Kris said...

I need that sign on my closet door in the office...right when I get the keg.

Try not to get too inebriated..you might wake up when some strange person's number in your phone..not remembering if this person looks like a midget with a wooden peg leg, because you had your beer googles on.

I only use the bat on my students. I use the field hockey sticks on the men.

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Erik said...

Blonde- I try to look at the good things in life, but the gals keep them hidden under shirts and blouses, dammit. *laughs*

Kris- I've never been too inebriated not to remember someone. And since I don't get numbers very often, the gal would be even more memorable. Of course, I'm picky as hell. I don't give out my phone number to just anyone, either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home