Sunday, May 21, 2006

Easy like Sunday morning

Catching up on a few things here. Gambino was right on with the NIN quote from a few days ago. The last post's title is a line from a Slipknot song called Vermillion Pt. 1. Good stuff.

I woke up at 5:30 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. I'm seriously dragging because I went to bed late like the night owl that I am. No clue why I want to be up quite this early. I would've rather slept in until 9 or 10 but my body had other ideas. Oh well, at least it's been really nice and peaceful this morning.

The governor's race is starting already here in Wisconsin. The incumbant is already firing away with negative ads on TV. I'm sure I will be completely sick of the political bullshit and posturing by November. Hell, I probably will be sick of it in a month. I just can't get excited about a process that forces us to choose between two people looking for the lesser evil. It's like someone is asking if I'd rather have a doberman or a rottweiler shit on my lawn. I don't fucking care because it's going to suck either way.

The NRA is in town for their national convention. I loved the news stories about the protests and everyone was agreeing that guns are so bad and we need to ban them. I also heard one story about guns in schools. It made me laugh, because I remember what my grandpa told me about his childhood. He grew up in farm country, and all the kids brough guns to school as soon as they were old enough to use them. They hunted rabbits and another tasty critters on the way home from school (and on the way to school in the winter months). According to the anti-gun lobby, there should've been bloodshed every week with that many guns. Nope. I guess rather than education, we need laws to tell us what to do and what not to.

Not much else going on here but relaxing, daydreaming, and a bit of reading. Looking forward to a few people coming out to visit my bar this week. Hope it will be a nice turnout. Back to the daydreams...

6 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, Blogger StB said...

Count me out this week. The boss is in town Tuesday thru Thursday.

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Erik said...

Oh well, maybe next week.

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger cosmopolgirl said...

sorry I'm not in the area...would love to join ya!

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Kris said...

Ditto for me.

 
At 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why can't we get women in this area to want to join us?

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger Erik said...

Cosmo and Kris- you're welcome anytime. I'll even catch the first couple rounds.

DJW- Because the intereting ones are dating, married, or work as bartenders. *laughs*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home