Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Back in the saddle again

I checked in with a friend of mine today who I used to work with. I asked him how things have been and what's been going on. He works at a help desk for the pharmacy chain I used to work for. His job had been getting better as of late, except for the fact that he was losing one of his best people.

I asked how the pay was. A bit better than a pharmacy technician. I told him to toss my name at his boss, who I knew very well. I figured that I might hear from them in a week or so, since the place had a huge beauracracy.

Three hours later, the boss calls. We talk a bit, and he asks if I was serious about the position. I told him that I was definately interested in the short term although my long term plans were still undecided. Then he catches me off guard.

"Well Erik, I'll consider this our interview. I'll tell HR to make you an offer."

Sure, it's not going to be the best job, but it's work. I might be able to sleep tonight insteading of staring at my ceiling above my bed wondering what to do.

The funny thing is that this is the third job in a row that I've gotten a job within 24 hours of inquiring about it. I seem to either get it right away, or not get it at all.

I'm going out for some celebratory drinks.

4 Comments:

At 3:08 PM, Blogger cosmopolgirl said...

WAHOO!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Kris said...

See Erik I knew that good things were just done the road. I am glad you have something to smile about sweetie. *congratulatory hugs*

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Shug said...

Congrats!

 
At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!! You have given hope to anyone else(me) who keeps getting kicked in the balls by life--and NOT in a good way.

"good things do come to those who wait". Hey 'A': does that include me and what I'm waiting for ?!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home