Friday, August 04, 2006

And I've been working like a dog.

You don't know how glad I am to be back online. I like to check my email quite frequently, and n0t being able to was driving me nuts. It's interesting to see how attached to technology we get.

Last weekend was a rough one. My mom and I went over to my brother's new house to get it ready. He had until the end of July to move out of his apartment, so it was a last push to get the place as habitable as possible. I still wouldn't want to live there. He had a contractor come in to see what work will need to be done. Luckily only the floor and support beams under the utility room need replacing. I was afraid the bathroom and kitchen might need it too. We cleaned, fixed things, and painted all weekend. I got back early on monday morning exhausted but my brother was able to move his furniture and cats in the next day.

With no internet service, I turned my attention to cleaning and rearranging my house since my new roommate just moved in on Sunday. I went through many boxes I had that I'd kept moving from apartment to apartment, not realizing that 75% of the things in it was crap. Now the extra crap from my house has been carried out and tossed in the trash.

Once I finished going through the boxes, I started moving around furniture. With the extra room in the master bedroom, I moved my computer and desk in so I have a lot more privacy. It's nice to be able to relax and not have to worry about someone looking over my shoulder. Afte moving the computer, I had a lot more room in the living room. My roommate brought futons with him, and we set up two in the living room to add to the seating space since I only have one couch myself. It worked out pretty nicely, I think.

I finished most of the work around here that I had to do yesterday. Now I can get back to normal. Today I'm resting, tho. I've been sore as hell due to the constant work over the last two weeks, so I think I've earned a couple days to relax.

On the job front, I'm still waiting for the call. After the interview last week, The told me they should have a decision by today, but all the decisions from this person has taken much longer than expected every time. I still have a good feel about the job, but this waiting is killing me. I want to be working and travelling again. That's been my life lately. Not too exciting, but that's my life lately.

2 Comments:

At 6:09 PM, Blogger Kris said...

Glad to see you back online, Erik. We missed you. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you on the job front!

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger cosmopolgirl said...

Ditto on Kris's comments. Waiting to hear??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home