Monday, August 14, 2006

But life's one big question when you're staring at the clock.

I've been slacking on the blogging and other computer things as of late. I figure with my new job starting next week, I'll have plenty of time to write up blog entries at work between calls. I also have not replaced my glasses yet. I might not need my glasses to read or use a computer, but I tend to not read and use my computer as much when my eyes could get strained easily.

I have been doing a lot of thinking, however. There are so many thoughts bouncing around my head, but they all come down to one basic question. What's next? This goes on so many levels. What should I do about my job/career? What am I going to do to make me a happy Erik? How the hell am I going to find a gal to spend time with? Maybe I'm thinking about this because of the detour of my career. Of course, my birthday is coming up soon, so that might be why as well. I'll be 31 and back at square one. I feel like I've wasted so much time.

I did get a very thorough physical for the new job. More than just the usual drug testing. I had an actual doctor look me over. They also did vision and TB testing. I'm happy to say that I'm drug free, TB free, have good eyes, no hernia *cough*, and otherwise disgustingly healthy. A lot more testing than I thought they'd do considering my job will have me at a desk all day.

I've had a pretty blah week. I've been doing things like hit the local bar, go to a block party, and hang with my friends, but I just haven't been all there. I'm not getting excited about anything as of late. I'm not too sure why. Maybe I just need another jolt to get me out of a rut. Too bad I can't swing by Missouri again. I dunno. I gotta find something. Ideas?

Bonus points for knowing the title.

2 Comments:

At 11:20 PM, Blogger Kris said...

There is a saying that goes, "Happiness is the journey and not the destination." I know what it feels like to be at square one, half of the time I feel like I am at zero. But sometimes you gotta sit back and just enjoy the ride around you and before you know it you will be where you been wanting to go. It just takes time buddy, but I know you can do it. You are one step closer in the right direction.

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger Erik said...

I keep journeying, but I don't feel happy in most of my travel. Maybe there's something wrong with me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home