Tuesday, August 29, 2006

One week

I've been alternately looking forward to and trying to ignore my birthday. The last few years I've only been disappointed by my birthday, so more disappointment isn't exactly something to get all excited about. On the other had, the kid in me always looks forward to my birthday. Who knows what will happen this year?

The days certainly are passing surprisingly fast right now. I'm surprised it's the end of August already. I think work has put a fast forward on some things. I seem to blink and the week is over. Well, blink twice. Once gets me to Wednesday and the bar, the other gets me to the weekend.

Tomorrow is burn the bill night at the bar. The owner had a heart attack a few years back and he finished paying off his bill, so he'll be burning copies of it at regular intervals. The amusing thing is that I know work for the healthcare provider he visited. I think I'm going to thank him for paying my salary at least a few times tomorrow night. Particularly if it bugs him. *laughs*

Anyway, my night is very exciting. I think I'm going to hang online a bit, and go to sleep early. I want to be well rested for tomorrow. I'm betting I'll be at the bar until late tomorrow.

5 Comments:

At 6:54 PM, Blogger cosmopolgirl said...

Hope you're having a blast at burn the bills night at the bar!

HAPPY ALMOST BIRTHDAY!!! CELEBRATE!

 
At 12:33 AM, Blogger Erik said...

Thanks, but you'll see more of me before my b-day.

Not sure if that's a promise or a threat.

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Kat said...

hey E,
Early Happy B-day to you! Celebrate by drinking
many Non-Gay Mimosa's

Long holiday weekend is on the horizon.....Yippy!

:-)

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger FreeCyprus said...

hey happy b-day dude

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Erik said...

I think I'll celebrate with beer and/or mojitos. I have to find some way to drink Barcardi since it's my birfday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home