Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Settling in

First a couple of notes. No call yet from Joanne and company. Do I know my luck or what? *laughs* The other is that it's now officially two weeks and counting to my birthday. Only 13 more shopping days until my birthday. *laughs again* Kidding of course. What I would truly like can't be bought... rented maybe, but not bought. ;p

Yesterday was my first day of exchanging boredom for money at my new job. Yesterday was orientation which was the most dull experience I've had in a long time, which includes driving through Iowa. Six and a half hours of trying not to fall asleep as they ran through policies and procedures, mist that I already knew since I had worked for this company before. Ugh.

Today wasn't too bad. The still haven't gotten my cubicle all set up with my own network login and all of that, so I haven't been able to check if I will be able to blog from work. I was unhappy to hear that they blocked out MSN and Yahoo messengers and web email so I won't be able to use them. I sense a lot of boredom in my future and nobody to talk to unless I hand out my work email to friends. I understand why you wouldn't want anyone to use them instead of working, but help desk has a lot of dull times between calls.

The funny thing is that most of the people there know me already, and I don't know them. I must be quite a memorable person. Either that or they heard that the whitest man they've ever seen would be coming and was told that person was me. Oh well, at least I get out tomorrow just in time to hit Art's for a few beers.

1 Comments:

At 2:35 PM, Blogger Kris said...

Oh the boredoms of work...you arent the only one that has a firewall at work that makes life unbearable. Big brother is watching!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home