Monday, September 11, 2006

Real women 1; Skinny bitches 0

Normally, I'm not a big fan of Spain. However after reading this, I have a whole new respect for that country. You have to smile when you see that they revoke the work visas for scrawny-assed models. Send them back to wherever they are from. Maybe even give them a free sammich. Of course, they'd probably just throw it away. Or up if they were forced to eat it.

I still am scared by how worried women are about their weight. I'm not saying it's good to be 5'6" and 200 pounds. I wouldn't say it's healthy to be 5'6" and 90 pounds either. If you're somewhere in the middle, then don't worry so much. The models and celebrities you see A. are scrawny as hell, B. have a lot more time than you or I to go to the gym, C. are messed up by agents to think that 2% body fat is too fat.

Personally, I think it's getting bad. I used to see Sports Illustrated swimsuit issues and be interested. These days the models look emaciated. Just a hint to SI, give those girls sammiches too, because I really don't want to see their ribs. If you need a hint, go back and look up Kathy Ireland. No ribs there.

I suppose that brings me to the other thing I have a problem with the new models. No tits. Not unless they're bought and paid for. When the girls get that skinny, they have no boobs, no hips, no curves. You might as well just put a guy in a bikini at that point. There's just nothing feminine going on there. Yuck.

Give me an all natural, all American girl anytime. Preferably soon. Very soon.

6 Comments:

At 7:49 PM, Blogger WhisKeYGyrL said...

Let's not forget all the computer enhanced photos now days as well!! Thanks for noticing! ;) I must say Gretchen Wilson's song California Girls says it all!!

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Kat said...

Here here! I totally agree with you! If a guy wants to stare at ribs he should go to Saz's. I am 90% Spanish (ancestors from Spain), curvy and proud of it! I originally went off to college at 5'0" weighing 105 lbs. But I was an itty bitty long distance runner and was solid! I never did heroin, smoked or puked to stay thin and never wore below a size 4 and my ribs were never visable! What ever happened to the Kathy Irelands and the Christy Brinkleys of the world? Those women still look great to this day!

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger cosmopolgirl said...

Very well said! Women are supposed to have curves...without them how would we bare children. Besides curves are a lot sexier

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Kris said...

I totally love you Erik and agree with the rest of the girls...well said. We are too obsessed with being skinny these days, and not being healthy.

I hope everything is going well with you.

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Erik said...

Too bad these thoughts don't get me noticed... *shrugs* oh well.

 
At 1:36 AM, Blogger Jo Ellen said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I'm a full figure gal...a little junk in the trunk you might say. Those skinny girls just need to eat! I agree with Kat the women like Kathy Ireland and Christy Brinkley are the ones I grew up with and they're still going strong. thank you Christy, you still look great and Kathy Ireland not only do you look great but now you're Kathy Ireland Home...you go girl
Jo Ellen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home