Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Thoughts from work

Yaay... I have off Wednesday!

For the joy of having Wednesday off, I have to work the weekend, but that isn't bad. 6 Hours on Saturday, and on call on Sunday. I may even watch the pregame with a beer in hand while taking a call on Sunday.

Saturday might be a rough day. I'll be in the office all by myself and the pace is very slow usually from what I hear. I may have to go to the bookstore tomorrow because I've run through the 7 books I purchased recently. Should be interesting since it will be my first time doing a weekend by myself.

Recently, the lottery here was really getting up there. I enjoyed that common daydream that we all have of winning a huge sum of money and what I'd do. Just about everyone would call in rich. That's a fun thought, but there are too many people counting on me that I actually like. I think I'd have much more fun if I put in my resignation. I'd tell them that I would work for one more month and then I was gone. Having put that in writing, I'd be the most amusing coworker there was. Since I'm helpdesk right now, I'd love the opportunity to tell people how inept they really are, and be quite blunt in the fact that they know everything I'm telling them already, they just don't want to think. The great part about my plan is that if they decide to fire me, they still would have to pay me for the full month of pay.

The only problem with my just is the really stupid people I'm forced to deal with. The other day I took four calls from one person, who if they had dome what I told them to do the first time, there wouldn't have been the need for the other three calls. You would think that people asking for help would pay attention to the help given, but no. It amazes me sometimes.

I'd think that everyone that works for my company is stupid, but I realize that I probably don't get to talk to the smart people because they actually know what they are doing, and never have the need to call me. Oh well.

Just curious, who's the stupidest person you've worked with and what was the dumbest things they did?

4 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Blogger Kat said...

So where and when is "bucket night"?

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Erik said...

It's at Jersey's on south Howell every Wednesday night. I haven't been there for bucket night, tho. If you want to get a hold of me, the best way is to send an email over to my blog email account:

missingaction@playful.com

Talk with you soon.

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger AletaR said...

The stupidist person I ever worked with worked for her parent's company and figured since she was their daughter she wouldn't get in trouble for paying herself and her husband double their salary. Problem is the accountant caught it and she tried to get him fired.
Then there was the guy I worked with at Arthur Treachers who fried up some goldfish one day. We suddenly had a big rush of people and he lost the goldfish somewhere in the mix of frying fish.

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Erik said...

Another good reason to not eat at AT's. Yikes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home