Monday, October 30, 2006

Like every day that bores me.

I haven't had much to say lately. I get into that mood from time to time. I don't post anything on my blog, I don't comment on other people's blogs, and I haven't been sending out any emails that aren't work related. Maybe I have had things to say, but I just don't have that impetus, that spark to write what I am thinking. Not really sure why.

Anyway, sitting here at work reminded me of something I wanted to share. The person in the next cubicle is about to be fired. She doesn't know it yet, although with all the stupid things she does she should know it's coming. First of all, she was making personal calls on the phone in her cube to her family. In Georgia. Somehow she didn't think that they'd notice. They did.

When they busted her for that, she started sneaking into the conference room to make calls. To the same people at the same numbers. I guess she didn't think that the company had people who could add 1 and 1 together and come up with 2 for an answer. Busted again.

Combine this with her coming in to work at whatever times suited her, taking 2+ hour breaks (on the clock, of course), and spending a good portion of her day on the phone while getting none of her work done. Personally, I wondered after my first week of working here why she still had a job. Then I figured it out. They were using the kid gloves because she's black.

I am amazed that she's survived this long. She's a special kind of stupid and completely ghetto all in one. For example- Her "fiance" lives outside of London. She met him on the internet and they are finally going to meet for the first time in a couple weeks. He's originally from Nigeria and has been asking her for personal information like her social security number and such, which she's been giving him. I don't know if it's possible to throw up any more red flags. Oh, and the first thing she wants to do in London? Go to Walmart to see if it's different than it is here. As I said, a special kind of stupid.

The last post's title comes from Johnny Cash's "Sunday morning coming down." Bonus points offered for today's quote. More posts coming soon.

2 Comments:

At 5:44 PM, Blogger Blonde said...

I know all too well about the kid gloves thing. I have a situation at work now where I have to can someone but race is not an issue. It is way more personal then that and he is about to get canned.

Anyway, that girl sounds like a fucking retard.

I miss your comments on my blog!!!!

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger Haley said...

Hey there! I love your BLOG!!
I came across itiv a google because I was about to write a blog about the Spain/model thing.
It seems us folks in the midwest have the same sense of humor as well. Anyway, my blog is nototv.
Cheers to your great blog! Have fun up in WI!
I am from IL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home