Sunday, October 22, 2006

I'm wishing, Lord, that I was stoned.

I'm feeling pretty beat up today. It's been a lot longer week than I would've guessed. Worse yet, I've worked every day since Tuesday. I still have to work Monday through Friday as well. I'm really looking forward to Saturday when I can really crash and not have to do anything.

Another reason I'm so tired is that I've been working on dropping some pounds. I signed up for the Bloggest Loser to kick my ass in gear to do it. I started getting serious about working out again. I started out at 225 pounds. At the end of week one, I was already down 4 pounds. I decided to kick it up a notch by going on a low carb diet. I weigh in on Tuesday, but just to check to see if that was doing more, I weighed myself this morning. Already 6 more pounds for the week.

One thing I noticed about going low carb is that I get tired quickly. Working out has been grueling this week. I also feel more sore than I did last week. If I keep dropping pounds like I have been, I will only be on it for another few weeks. Once I'm down around 190 or so will I go off of it and keep working out. That is unless I start gaining muscle mass to counter the weight loss. I don't care so much about what I weigh. I just want to drop the beer gut I have.

Another thing that has me tired this week is that my ex-gf who I visted last week has been calling a lot needing support. Her dad died earlier this week, and I've become the go to guy for emotional support. I never learned how to stop caring about people, so I keep talking to her and helping her. I guess I must be a sucker for doing this since she is happily living with her boyfriend and really should be going to him. Weird, eh?

Anyway, I better head to bed so I can go back to the grind tomorrow and be able to function. I thought the title was fitting for today. Bonus points for figuring it out. Even more points for figuring out why I keep supporting someone who lives with someone and is a few states away.

4 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Blogger Kris said...

Erik- Good work on the weight loss. Just remember if you are lifting you do need some carbohydrates in your diet. No carbohydrates put too much strain on your heart and kidneys. If you are feeling tired..it means you need to put some carbs back in. That is what gives you the energy you need to be doing seriously lifting..not to mention most people once off low-carb gain it back really quickly.

Good carbs you can get from most fruit and vegetables...fish...and eggs.

And for the other thing. You are a good person..but friends with benefits never is good. Someone always gets taken advantage of.

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Kat said...

I heard that wheat germ, sprinkled on your food, is a good energy source. Way to go bud!

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger cosmopolgirl said...

congrats on your great weight loss and having the movitivation to do it! You really do need to introduce some carbs if your are going to be doing weight lifting. Make some protien shakes...those will help and add some fruit into them!

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Blonde said...

Congrats on your weight loss!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home