Friday, July 29, 2005

Games and advertising

Ok, this will be a short post since I just got back from my last trip and have a bunch of things to do, but I have been neglecting this too long. There will be a longer post later today.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas- I love how the watchdog groups are just realizing that you can mod games. I know people who were modifying games 5 or more years ago. I'm fairly sure that someone created a mod for Tomb Raider that had Lara Croft running around naked when it came out all of those years ago. Do you know what you have to do to make a game that is rated "Adults Only"? One exposed nipple. Nudity is the only way to get an AO rating, since graphic and gratuitous violence like in the GTA series doesn't do it. Here's a PVP comic that sums it up.

http://www.pvponline.com/archive.php3?archive=20050728

I also heard two ads that made me laugh this week. They weren't meant to be funny, but my twisted imagination had fun with them.

"Pink tastes better than you think." -- Pepto Bismol ad
(I always thought pink tasted pretty good anyway)

"Craving the cream puff?" -- Wisconsin State Fair ad
(no explaination necessary)

Any other good ads I've missed? Let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home