Monday, July 23, 2007

If I leave here tomorrow, would you still remember me?

I've started this posted at least a dozen times. I just haven't been able to get anything out.

I'm trying to make changes. The details are boring, so I'll spare them. I've been trying since my last post to improve my outlook on things, get a better job that doesn't leave me hating the world, try to get back into shape, and improve life in general. So far, I'm slowly making progress on the last two. Working my ass off at the gym lately leaving me sore as hell most days, and paying off my student loans so I can get back into school and move forward in life.

The job field has failed me horribly. I've been more and more desperate to get the hell out of the job I have as it's just getting worse. My boss is probably sabotaging all of my efforts to get out of there as I'm the only competent one left.

Anyway.... enough of that crap.

I've made 9 Brewer games so far this year. It's been a heckuva trip, but I keep going on Fridays, and they're 3 and 5 on Fridays. I have a lot of bobbleheads, tho. Still have not caught a foul ball yet. They keep landing one section either way of us. Oh well, still have 5 more games to attend this year. More if they make the playoffs.

I stood up in a friend's wedding. The only thing that saved that reception was the groomsmen (including myself) and the alcohol it took to make us impervious to embarassment. We drank, partied, and yes, I even danced. Badly. Like the white boy I am. Apparently we were such a hit there that they gave us a standing ovation upon staggering hung over into the gift opening.

I want to get away on vacation. I almost don't care where I go as long as there is some great company upon arrival. I don't think that anyone has the time for me, tho. Or that I'll be able to get away from work before my birthday. I'm looking to prove myself wrong, tho. Or to find somewhere to go in september or october.

Anyway, the last quote was from "The Kids Aren't Alright" from the Offspring. We'll see if anyone still comes here to tell me where today's is from.

5 Comments:

At 8:18 PM, Blogger Kris said...

You are always welcome to come stop in Cleveland..now that the tribe has LOFTON BACK! WOOO! Is it too early to say we are going to the World Series?!

Good for you, for trying to get things turned around. Have you ever thought of relocating and finding a job in another city? I know for example, Cleveland is a shitty place for certain jobs because of the economy. Just a thought.

Also don't think you knew or not, but most loans will go into deferrment if you go back into school at least half time.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger J. Gambino said...

Free Bird!!

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger cosmopolgirl said...

Just wanted to say hi stranger and hope you're doing well!!

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger Erik said...

Good job Gambino. Sorry for not posing new in a long time. I just have a problem thinking that I mean anything to anyone anymore. I know, I'm sounding like a whiny emo bastard. That's why I haven't posted. Who wants to care about a whiny bitch?

People just need to drop by for a beer and I'll tell them what's up.

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger OMW said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home