Sunday, July 31, 2005

Weighty matters

For the first time in two months I weighed myself. I don't care too much about my weight, but I was noticing my clothes were feeling a little looser. The last time I weighed myself, I was 228 pounds. Today, I am at 202. I was amazed by that. I know I've been working out a bit, but not that much. Since my job has me on the road quite a bit, I eat a lot of fast food. I got a membership to Bally's to keep from getting obese, and maybe even work off the belly I was starting to develop.

Looking at myself in the mirror after my shower, I can't see where 26 pounds went. Maybe it's because the part I focus on is my stomach since it's right in front of me. Maybe it's because I don't see those changes because they happen so slowly. Who knows?

I mainly work out on a Precor elliptical machine. I hop on for an hour at a time and try to keep it above 175 steps per minute. According to the machine, I burn 10 calories a minute at that speed. I have no idea if that's the truth, but I usually feel fairly drained after an hour. In another month or two, I'm going to start using weights as well. However, I'm going to stick to just burning off the calories for now. I'll work on getting buff later.

3 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, Blogger Blonde said...

I like my men big and tall so I can climb them like a tree when I am naked.

Don't work out too much, or you will be off my list of men to do ;).

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Eat2Live - Michele said...

I like my men big too, but I don't want to be suffocated if he rolls over while sleeping!

Myrtle Beach Retreat

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Erik said...

Thanks for the support, everyone. Nice to see new people pop in, glad to have you aboard. Here's a scary thought, I graduated high school at 5'8", 120lbs. and a 28 inch waist. I didn't fill out across the shoulders and all until I was 20.

I doubt that I'll ever go below 180 pounds again. If I really get down that far, I'll switch to muscle training and bulk up. Don't worry, Blonde, There will be plenty of me to climb. *grin*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home