Monday, August 08, 2005

Gettin' my geek on

I had a lot of time to think this weekend. As you may have noticed from my posts, I can be a bit moody at times. Some people say it's because I haven't gotten laid in quite a while. I can't argue too much with that. At the beginning of the weekend, I was heading for a bout of depression with full throttle. Then I decided to do something about it.

People hearing what I did this weekend might think I was seriously bummed out. I like my creature comforts. First of all, it was 90+ degrees during the day, so I turned on the AC and stayed in all weekend. I sat down with a physics textbook and medical dictionary at different times just for fun. My Playstation2 was well used this weekend as well. Each morning, I woke up, took a shower, and put on pajama bottoms and a t-shirt. I would wear nothing at all, but I happen to have a roommate who'd definately disapprove.

So basically, I had two days that I took my mind off of my problems and relaxed. I feel quite a bit better now than if I had gone out and had not rested. I guess I enjoy that "me" time more than most. (not that kind of "me" time either, perverts ;) well, a few times, but that's all, I swear) I'm not up to full energy yet, but I spent three weeks on the road and that takes a lot out of me. I am home for this week, but have to plan another couple of trips.

In a week or two, I get to head to the splendors of Minot, ND. I quiver in anticipation of that sprawling metropolis and its amazing nightlife. Even with the Air Force Base there, I don't think there is a decent bar, club, or even strip club anywhere near Minot. I might drive there as well, to compound my fun. At least I get to train some very nice people while there. One is quite cute, but happily married.

For those who travel for business, I have two questions for you. What do you do on the road to make the trip more interesting? What advice have you learned on the road that you would like to share? Feel free to comment, or email if you'd like.

2 Comments:

At 9:22 PM, Blogger Blonde said...

I travel alot for work. I always ask clients who live there what I should see/do. I ask them to take me out on town (and I pay for the night)so I can meet their friends, etc. It is the best way to make new friends, so you always have someone to hang with the next time you have to go there.

I also mention where I am going on my blog (like you did) and readers emailed me and I actually met some of them. This was fun too!

Masturbating is a good thing to do when you are home that is also a harmless mood elevator. That is why I am always happy ;). I always have to stay in and chill after a business trip. Decompressing and getting back into your routine are important.

I linked to you on my blog. You definitely have earned your stripes in the TMIAB Corp ;).
Going near an AFB? Airman can drink, I wish I could meet you there...

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Erik said...

Thanks for the advice. I usually only ask customers what to do and where to go, but never have thought about having them show me the town. Of course, I deal with pharmacists most of the time that are in their 50's. It's certainly worth a shot, tho.

Masturbation is a necessity, I think. I have to take care of myself a couple times a day to feel normal if I'm not getting any. The problem is that it is such a poor replacement for the real thing. I know after I get laid, I have a smile on my face for a day or two. Masturbation's smile lasts for maybe a half hour. Of course, I take pleasure in giving pleasure, which might have something to do with it.

Airmen certainly can drink, but I haven't been able to find out where they drink yet. I certainly wouldn't mind buying you a few rounds if you came my way, but would you be coming for the drinks, the airmen, or me? *laughs*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home