Thursday, September 22, 2005

HNT: The Digital Me

This is one version of me online. She doesn't get nekkid, but that's ok since she's an undead toon. I play World of Warcraft (WoW) now with a few people I know. I'm having a bit of fun when I have time for it. Although my current circle of friends seem to have more time to be on WoW than hang out in person, so I'm on a fair amount when I am home from business. That's probably sad, but true.

I've always liked computer/video games. I'm not big on the games that rely on having fast reflexes, tho. As in my real life, I enjoy things that make me think and give me the time to do that. I really like what are known as RPG's or Role Playing Games. They tend to be larger and longer games and can get quite involved. Many RPG's put you in the shoes of the hero that nobody knows at the beginning of the game, and you are praised for saving the world at the end. I like that. Being able to wrap yourself into a game world is like a warm blanket on a cold day.

Right now, I'm coming down with a nasty flu or something from the people I saw in St. Paul, but I forget I feel awful when I dive into the digital world. I guess that's another reason I play these games. No matter how bad or crapped on by the world I feel, there's part of me that is the great hero that conquers and is recognised for my greatness. A place when my sacrifice and chivalry are rewarded. I sometime think I was born for a different era since virtues of honesty, honor, sacrifice, and chivalry are looked down on in our time.

I like computers for another reason as well. When you talk to people online, they are connecting to your personality and intellect. This plays on my good points, while talking to people in real life where you are judged by looks and actions doesn't. That's how I see it, at least. I'm curious to what you guys will think. Let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home